Unconditional Contours is out October 2nd via OUS.
Danny Wolfers spent time at the SMEM collection in early 2019, when he was invited to be the first artist in residence at the museum's Playroom project. He used several synths for the ten-track LP, including the Farfisa Synthorchestra and EVS-1 Evolution. It's out October 2nd via Swiss label OUS.
"When I first saw this collection, I was truly flabbergasted," Wolfers said. "Endless rows of synthesisers—some so obscure I had not ever seen nor heard of them. This place will probably turn into the world's most magical place for synths."
Founded in 2016, SMEM houses more than 5000 synths, drum machines and effects units, all of them collected over a 35-year period by Klemens Niklaus Trenkle.
Listen to the album's opening track, "Unconditional Contours Memory Moog," and watch Wolfers playing the Memorymoog.
01. Unconditional Contours Memory Moog
02. Châteaux Dans Le Ciel Farfisfa Synthorchestra 2
03. Swiss Fairytales
04. Little Music With A Big Synth
05. Evolution EVS-1 Promars And Prophet 5
06. Prophet Vector Synth Dazzling In The Sun
07. These Phenomena Are Not Well Understood
08. SMEM23 Digital Clap Trap Promars Prophet
09. Roxannes Magic Watch
10. FBT Synther 2000
OUS will release Unconditional Contours on October 2nd, 2020.