Building the single CD set with temperamental changes, minimalisique soundscapes, and lo-fi bassnotes of Sycophant Slags’ “Dharma Fields” that pushes those frequencies into furious breaks and beefy rock-style synths of Sean Q6’s “Out in the Shed,” all the way to the seductive vocals of Lisa Shaw in Q-Burns’ “This Time,” the album progresses into something more than expected – a party CD. No, it’s not the typical vocal-heavy-commercial-driven-money-scheming ploys that labels churn out to make a quick buck, but a disc that expresses both the sound of the dark and dungy clubs to the more assessable, and at a point, glamorous sound of dance music. It’s big and beefy, and throw in a cut from label founders Rabbit in the Moon and one of the most respected djs out in the United States, you can’t go wrong there.
The highlight would certainly be focused with the vocals as they each add a dimension, giving the mix an uplifting aspect. Never overtaking the music, three vocal tracks are spread across the twelve tracks in a way that never disrupts the mix’s flow.
The tracklisting really says it all, with over 10 years of history, it’s about time to reflect back how influential the label has been to not just the understand dance scene in the States, but in the world. DJ Three’s excursion into the realm of funkyshakintechhouse firmly establishes his presence in the global market as the one to watch.
Hallucination Limited Presents: Three: Hallucienda Tracklist
01. Aphasia – Say Hello
02. Rabbit In The Moon – Timebomb (Original Mix)
03. Sycophant Slags – Dharma Fields*
04. Reverse Commuter feat. Terryn Westbrook – New York To Me*
05. Bob Skies – Proletariat*
06. Reverse Commuter – Southern Charge*
07. Terry Francis & Ricardo – Change*
08. Little Mike – Back To Gravity*
09. Sean Q6 – Out In the Shed
10. Sensitize – History Is Not Shrinking (Mount Sims Rework)*
11. Q-Burns Abstract Message feat. Lisa Shaw – This Time (Grumptronix v. QBAM S25 Vocal Mix)
12. Grumptronix – Lovefix*
* Previously unreleased and exclusive to this compilation.